Gratitude Initiative (GI) is currently scheduled to begin enrolling students and their parents into the GI College Success Academy in 2015. The GI College Success Academy is provided at no cost to qualifying students and their families and enrollment is open to students ranging from 8th grade through first semester high school seniors.
What we are doing right now:
GI is collecting basic information from families who are interested in applying for GI’s College Success Academy once enrollment begins. GI staff members will then notify you at the appropriate time and send instructions for completing the application process once the enrollment period begins. Families who have completed the waiting list form will be notified before the general public.
If you are interested in enrolling your student, please complete the basic information form online.Please add my student and family to the waiting list.
Who is eligible to apply for educational programs?
Children from the families of…
- Active duty members of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
- Reserve or National Guard members who were activated for active duty service since 9/11/01 and were deployed to a combat zone.
- A veteran who was honorably discharged from active duty on or after 9/11/2001.
- A combat wounded or disabled veteran with a service connected injury that occurred on or after 9/11/2001.
- A service member who was killed while on active duty.
GI’s College Success Academy is for students starting 8th grade through first semester seniors in high school.
Once the application process begins, families will be ask to provide specific information in order to determine qualification. Some of the information and documentation required at that time will include…
- Proof of Military Service: You must submit one of the following as proof of your parent’s military service:
- Active Duty Service –Statement of Service signed by your commanding officer or his designated representative dated within the last 90 days and a photocopy of your current military ID.
- Current Reservists or National Guard Member – Statement of Service signed by your commanding officer or his designated representative within the last 90 days and proof of active duty service since September 11, 2001.
- Veteran – DD214 (Member-4 version)
- Disabled Veteran – DD214 (Member-4 version) and a letter outlining VA disability rating
- Parent Killed In Action – DD Form 1300 (Report of Casualty) or Certificate of death (Service Connected)
- Proof of Dependency: (only one of the following documents is required)
- Birth Certificate showing parents names
- Dependent Military ID (active duty)
- DEERS Report
- Casualty Report (DD1300) listing dependent’s name if applicable.
- Copy of the first two pages of your latest filed tax return that shows your child as a dependent.