In honor of Military Family Appreciation Month, Gratitude Initiative (GI) is now enrolling the first students in our College Success Academy. The programs are completely free to qualified children of military and veteran families, providing college and career counseling, SAT & ACT Test Prep, and tutoring for math and science. The programs are delivered online, providing students and their parents access to a their own team of live, degreed counselors and tutors to support them wherever they are stationed around the globe.
Students in 8th – 11th grade are eligible to apply for the program if they have a parent who meets one of the following criteria:
- Active duty member of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard
- Veteran honorably discharged from active duty on or after 9/11/2001
- Reserve or National Guard member who was activated for active duty service since 9/11/2001 and was deployed to a combat zone
- A combat wounded or disabled veteran with a service connected injury that occurred on or after 9/11/2001
- A service member killed on active duty
Students and families can learn more and apply online. The number of students enrolled each year is limited based on available funding and the number of qualified applicants.
GI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide educational support and college scholarships to the children and families of military service members, veterans, disabled veterans, and those killed in defense of our country.